After visits to the Teneriffe Festival and Finders Keepers Markets last weekend, feels like a quiet weekend is on the cards. More time on Sunday afternoon to chill out and enjoy our weekly G’n’T.
- 4am Monday AEST the World Cup 2014 Final will be played out in Brazil and here in Australia on SBS. We don’t talk about sport much on this blog, but B’s second favourite team Germany will be playing Argentina so she will be up and cheering.
- Tonight the Inaugural Brisbane Scandinavian Film Festival opens at Palace Cinemas.
- Last week B visited Cutting Board Cafe, in Brisbane’s CBD, recently listed on The Urban List as one of the best breakfast spots in the CBD. She was going to write a review, but our great friend Gabi wrote such a good one, we would just like to you read hers: review of breakfast at The Cutting Board on Braking for Breakfast.
- In case you missed it this week is NAIDOC week – a time to celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and an opportunity to recognise the contributions that Indigenous Australians make to our country and our society. There are still loads of events happening across the country over the weekend to celebrate so get involved!
- Over the summer (it seems a long way away!) Brisbane will be hosting two outstanding fashion exhibitions: Future Beauty: 30 Years of Japanese Fashion at GOMA and Undressed: 350 years of Underwear in Fashion at the Queensland Museum (from my favourite museum, the V&A, London). You can buy tickets to both NOW as part of a limited special offer.
- Speaking of fashion: The Diva’s Wardrobe is on again at the RNA Showgrounds on Sunday if you have a soft spot for designer pieces.
- Do you even Bakery??
- Some posts you may have missed: Opening weekend of ‘Harvest’ exhibition at GOMA; Kirst’s current beauty faves and Gifts for a gin-lover.