Seems everyone around us is coming down with a late-winter bug. Perfect excuse to stay in, wrap up warm, and sip either a hot toddy (for your throat) or a G&T (for a cold – doctor’s orders).
- If you are interested in architecture, or even just a long-term Brisbane resident, check out Hot Modernism at the State Library of Queensland. An exhibition that looks into the iconic architecture of Brisbane from 1945-1975. You’ll recognise a lot of the architecture on display. Free exhibition, open until 12 October.
- Speaking of iconic Brisbane architecture, the New Farm Cinemas are having their grand re-opening tonight! Perched on the corner of Brunswick and Barker Streets, opposite Gerties and a host of excellent restaurants, these iconic cinemas will hold fond memories for many Brisbaneites. Lovingly restored over the last 18 months, in will be a treat to visit the cinemas to see if the moon-pocked ceiling has remained.
- Still on cinema news, movie-goers should be excited to learn that Palace Cinemas are lowering their prices.
- Atticus Finch, a new puppy-friendly cafe has opened in Paddington. I can imagine Kirst visiting for the puppies not the coffee.
- We have both signed up for the Cue Yoga unlimited yoga $25 for 15 days special. The offer lasts until the end of August, so get in soon.
- A few posts you may have missed: a couple of years ago I visited WA to enjoy the Margaret River Wine Festival and it was a wonderful and delicious weekend; how to beat the post-holiday blues (a problem for any traveller) and finally; last Sunday we caught up with Pheobe from Little Grey Box for a chat at Spring Hill Deli. Not only was it great to meet her, but the food was so good! Check out Kirst’s review.