What have you got planned for the weekend? As always there is loads to do in the Sunshine State – take your pick!
- The Ekka kicks off in Brisbane this weekend but it’s not all about show bags and sideshow Alley. There’s fashion shows, cheese tasting, Chef’s table events and our pick: Rosemount Estate Mobile McLaren Vale where you can sample medal-winning wines from this year’s Royal Queensland Wine Show!
- On that note – does everyone remember that we in Brisbane have a public holiday on Wednesday next week?
- This weekend Kirst is escaping for a romantic weekend away at Spicers. She’ll be writing a review when she gets back but in the meantime you can follow her adventures on instagram.
- B will also be enjoying herself at the opening of REDSEA Gallery‘s latest exhibition Kaleidoscope by Zhong Chen and Bruce Earles
- Like to Disco? The Fever Club is opening this weekend so pop on your fancy pants and boogie the night away.
- SBS News have published a series of fascinating maps as to where Australia’s immigrants were born, suburb by suburb. See Brisbane’s map.
- Did you know that this Saturday is National Bookshop Day? S0 get along to your favourite bookshop – be it Avid Reader, Folio, Bent Books, Rosetta Books, Archive Fine Books or Comics Etc – and support brick-and-mortar sellers of the written word.
- On Monday 11 August, tickets will go on sale to Brisbane’s inaugural Beer Incider festival, a celebration of craft beer and craft ciders, to be held on 20 and 21 September. You can find out more on the website or by signing up to the newsletter.