Did everyone enjoy their short week? Wednesday holidays seem to be a bit love/hate but I love that mid-week break. So now, on our second Friday, it’s time to relax with our weekly G’n’T.
- Last week, B attended the opening night of Kaleidoscope at Red Sea Gallery, on James St. This exhibition of two artists – Zhong Chen and Bruce Earles – is visually engaging and really quite a delight to view. If you are in or around James St, do take the time to go in and see it. Kaleidoscope runs until 31 August.
- The Brisbane Fringe Festival started this week. There are cabaret, music, comedy and theatre performances happening in small venues all over Brisbane from now until 31 August. Go to the website to see the whole program. There is also an un-official launch of BFF at Lock’n’Load this Sunday from 3pm.
- For all the beer lovers in Brisbane, check out the Brisbane Beer website, a great guide to where to find craft beer bars and stockists in our city.
- Urban List published a list of 20 Brisbane dinners for under $20. I would add Tipplers Tap’s $2 Taco Tuesdays on there. Those tacos are delicious.
- Last night, Kirst and B attended the re-launch of Byblos Bar and Restaurant at Portside. Post to come this week!
- And finally, the great Lauren Bacall was taken at the right time, but the irreplaceable Robin Williams, who we both grew up loving and laughing with, left the party a little too early.