This week in the Weekly G&T we’ve got a touch of festival fever as Queensland enters our annual six weeks of spring and we start to throw off jumpers and get back to enjoying our beautiful outdoor lifestyle.
- The next big literary Festival is the Brisbane Writers Festival, from 3 – 7 September. The program is amazing!
- Brisbane Festival opens next weekend – don’t forgot to get your tickets. There are some incredible premier performances such as The Perfect American, Theatre Republic shows selling for $25 a ticket and a great selection of free events as well. Be a part of it Brisbane!
- The Birdsville Races kicking off this week – they are a Queensland ‘must do experience’ in your lifetime so if you can get yourself on a plane in time, place a bet for us!
- For something a little closer to home but equally as festive, The Redcliffe Festival is also happening – a great day out for families.
- Two new delicious-looking Brisbane haunts opened last night – The Flying Cock in Fortitude Valley and The Charming Squire in South Brisbane (also known as B’s new local).
- Make the time to watch the video to ‘All About That Bass’ by Megan Trainor and listen to the lyrics. Fabulous.
- A few posts you may have missed recently: that time we attended a VIP re-launch of Byblos, Kirst’s review of Spicers Peak Lodge, and Brisbane’s Best Theme Bars!