Spring has erupted and almost finished here in Brisbane! I like to think we have about 6 weeks of it, but really we’re lucky if we get two. Still, the heat may be returning but that just means it is time to get out and enjoy our beautiful city and of course, a few extra ice cubes in your g&t’s!
- The date for Diner en Blanc 2014 has just been announced. Date: 11 October, Location: well, that’s the secret, isn’t it? Kirst and I are thrilled to be involved once again in the world’s most stylish pop-up dining event. We attended in 2013 and inaugural year 2012.
- Did you know you can do walking tours around Brisbane? Insider Tours operate daily tours around our town including daily tours: Convicts and Crime tour, a Brisbane Beers, Brews, ANZAC and Heritage Walk and Brisbane’s Best: Local Cocktails Food and Fashion walk.
- As we mentioned last weekend The Brisbane Festival has kicked off and there is lots going on – this weekend you can see some theatre about love, catch hip hop artist Urthboy play a set, or watch some choreography.
- If you enjoy theatre AND food, check out the Festival Flavours offers as part of Brisbane Festival.
- Couples who marry at New York City Hall. Every so often I stumble on this link (the photos are regularly updated) and I always love it! The couples are so diverse, they have such incredible style and of course, it’s delightful to see photos of loving couples on such a special day.
- Talking of celebration: 19 facts you may not know about champagne.
- The Bridge to Brisbane annual run is this weekend. You can still register to run if you want to…although you won’t be seeing us there.
- Finally, don’t forget it’s Father’s Day this Sunday, so don’t forget to spoil your dad!