Didn’t this week just fly by? One minute we were ‘busy’ relaxing at Maleny and confirming Kirst’s wedding venue and then all of a sudden the working week came and went and it’s almost time to get dressed up for Diner en Blanc!
This week we were lucky enough to be invited to the ‘Meet the Makers’ launch night of the Brisbane Good Food and Wine Show at Limes Rooftop Bar. Here we had a great time talking with a whole range of fabulous Queensland producers from fourth generation farmers to ginger jam makers and chocolatiers. Whilst an unfortunate incident with some red wine forced us to leave early and miss out on the exceptional goodie bags (waaaaahhh) we’re now even more excited to visit the show from 17-19 October and do a bit more sampling!
A few other things going on that might tickle your fancy…
- Undress Runways is on this Saturday in West End. Tickets are still available so get to it!
- We know we mentioned it last week but don’t forget that Oktoberfest kicks of at the RNA Showgrounds this weekend!
- Brisbane Open House is on again this weekend. This is a chance to see inside some of Brisbane’s oldest or most intriguing buildings. The list of open houses include the Former Navel Offices, QIMR Berhofer Medical Research Institute, Spring Hill Baths, The Gabba, Miegunyah House Museum and many many more!
- You might have heard that Heston Blumenthal is bringing The Fat Duck to Melbourne next year. This is one extremely hot ticket and if you want the chance to eat there you need to enter the ballot for a reservation now!
- The Moustachery Barbering opened in Bulimba a few weeks ago. This week, one of our partners tried it out and loved it. The complimentary beer helped.
- The 2014 BARI Festival is on featuring some of Brisbane’s most innovative artists.
- Grab a coffee and catch up on our quick guide to Paris, a review of Gramarcy’s sister cafe Irving Place in Wintergarden, B’s visit to Milk Factory Kitchen and Bar on the day it opened, and our very useful guide to Brisbane’s best cafes with free wifi!
Have a fabulous food-filled weekend everyone!