It’s almost Australia Day Long Weekend (Woo STRAYA!) and we at Sunshine and Gin plan on celebrating with a pool party, the Hottest 100 and some Gin and Fever Tree tonic. If you’re yet to lock in your long-weekend activities there is LOADS happening around Brisbane so sit down and start planning the most epic weekend ever.
- It’s a poorly kept secret that B hates the gym. She does however love a bit of Bollywood Dancing and this week has been participating in Dance Detox. The Detox is almost over but there is still an event tonight so if you’re keen to try some aerial yoga now is your chance!
- There are Australia Day Events happening all over Brisbane this weekend – from the cockroach races at the Story Bridge Hotel to something a little fancier like Soleil’s Pool Party or the always fun functions at The Fox Hotel which will be serving up lamb rolls and beer. Is there anything more Aussie?
- What is Australia Day without a Pavlova?! If only the things weren’t so bloody hard to make in the humidity…Never fear though, Gourmet Traveller has put together a list of Australia’s best restaurant Pavlovas including Brisbane’s very own Chester St Bakery and Chur Burger! Get your orders in now.
- The Brisbane Reggae Carnival is on this Sunday and Free!
- QTC’s 2015 season has launched.
- Would love to try this service!
- There is a bunch of music happening this weekend with Jamie T, The Kooks and oddly enough Darryl Braithwaithe all gracing the Sunshine State…to each his own.
- Seminal Australian artist Tracey Moffatt is still exhibiting at QAGOMA but not for much longer so make sure you get along and see ‘Spirited’ before February 8.