And so Fabulous February has begun and we’re in the mood to celebrate…what better way to do just that than a fun-filled weekend!
- This week marks the start of MELT: A Celebration of Queer Arts and Culture alongside the 16th annual Brisbane Queer Film Festival. The Festival runs for 11 Days and incorporates comedy, cabaret, music, circus and so much more! It’s the perfect way to escape the Brisbane heat so book some tickets, grab your friends and go!
- Tonight is the opening night party for the BrisAsia Festival! Food trucks, music and dance will jazz-up King George Square from 7pm. For the full program see the website.
- Are you a trekkie? The Queensland Symphony Orchestra is performing Star Trek this Saturday – tickets available here.
- Saturday is not only Kirst’s Birthday – it’s also the slightly belated first Birthday of Beach Burrito Co in the Valley! To celebrate BBC is having a two day siesta across both their Brisbane stores so head on down for a tasty taco or two.
- Do you know when is the cheapest month to book flights?
- The Jan Powers Farmers Markets are on again this Saturday and after exploring them at Mitchelton last week we are keen to hit them up again…see you there?
- If you missed World Nutella Day yesterday never fear- you can still enjoy your favourite spread in a bunch of fantastic recipes including Nutella Banana Crepes (our fave!), Nutella Brownies, or Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip cookies *Drool*.
- Apparently there are two types of women in the world: red wine drinkers an white wine drinkers. Personally we just couldn’t choose between the two…
- And in case you missed them: here are some of our recent posts including our Dinner at Indimex, 12 Best Destinations for First Time Travellers and Part 1 and Part 2 of Brisbane’s Best International Restaurants.